Friday, June 8, 2012

Our Tiny First Apartment

On Facebook today, I was looking at some old pictures, when I came across the pictures of our first apartment.  It was campus married housing.  Small. And $475 a month.  Did I mention that it was small?

Our "kitchen" had a table that tripled as a table, desk, and microwave holder.  We didn't even have enough space to hold our microwave!  Everything looked so shiny and new (well, it was).  Plus, it looks a lot less cluttered than our current apartment.  Maybe having a baby changes how cluttered things are/look.

The highlights:
The magnetic calendar on the fridge ruined my laptop in that apartment~  whoops!

It might sound strange, but I loved that tiny kitchen.  Putting away our wedding gifts as a new bride in that tiny room was so fun.  Everything was new, and we loved it.  That sign "I kiss better than I cook" still hangs above my stove now.  I still love the red.



Yep.  Only enough counter space for a bottle of soap!


When I told my brother that I had been in bathroom stalls that were larger than our bathroom floor space, he doubted me!  I have proof!  Plus, he came to visit and laughed for a few minutes at our tiny bathroom.


This one reminds me of all those times on HGTV when they suggest putting a water heater in the MIDDLE of an apartment.  Such a conversation piece.  Also, it's an eyesore.  We ended up getting a folding screen to cover it up a little bit.  Please note that there was also no linen closet.  Thank you Target for selling us garage shelving to make a hall closet.







No comments:

Post a Comment