Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Gavin's Quilt

Every baby should have a quilt.  If your baby doesn't have one, I highly recommend getting one.  My grandma's tradition was that all babies got one.  The baby quilt she made me was yellow and blue floral prints in the shape of butterflies.  It's bound and backed in a cute blue heart print.  It's so special to me, and now when Gavin spends the night at my parents' house, he sleeps with it.  The blue and yellow make it manly.  All that to say, I made my first quilt for my boy Gavin.  I bought a book and fabric at Hobby Lobby.  Then I came home and channeled my Grandma Dalene and made this little baby:

I'm in love with this collection of fabrics from Hobby Lobby.  I think it's their Brothers and Sisters line. The teal fabric and the sheep fabric were both additions from my grandma's collection.  I think it's always fun to have one fabric that doesn't quite fit.  Somehow it always makes the quilt look co-ordinated, and keeps it from looking too "matchy".  


It used to be on the wall above his bed, because I was worried that he would get baby stuff on it.  But I caved.


Now it fits perfectly on his crib.  The first thing he does when he's in his crib is pull it off the side.  He's rolled all over it, and I no longer care if anything gets on it.  It's beautiful, but it's his to use.



It matches his crib skirt perfectly!

Now my boy plays on that quilt.  It makes me so happy : )


Capturing even this was tricky.  He's a moving target.



No comments:

Post a Comment